I always write the title at the end

While I planned to start a post about the brightness of this chaotic year, I thought: I never write the title before the post… What a beautiful metaphor.

This year is been so crazy that I have my concerns writing thankful thoughts before it actually ends! 

Anyways, so far I can say that the chaos, as humanity, put us in a place where you think you cannot fall anymore. See the crisis in the world has made us realize that we are just what we are. Trying to survive gave me the chance to put in perspective everything. Maybe it gave me the chance to figure me out all over again. The feeling that you have no more to lose, or you can easily loss what you have, kind of reunite all the “ourselfes” (the young me, the child me, the old me, me right now), in the kitchen of our history (meaning by kitchen, the warmest, sweetest and cozy place in our hearts), and wait, all of “us” together for the storm to pass. 

This reflection made me think of two pieces of art importance for me: a song by the Spanish singer Joan Manuel Serrat: “Uno solo es lo que es, y anda siempre con lo puesto”,and a piece of a short story by Alice Munro, where she describe, masterly, the feeling of a woman affected by a destructive cancer. She describe that moment of “relief”, when you sort of find yourself free of all the responsibilities in your life, just waiting for a catastrophic event. It is quite unbelievable how Munroe can actually get that deep in the human conscience to catch that fraction of a second that a human being feel that sorrow and relief at the same time. 

I am grateful for being alive. I am grateful because my loved ones are also alive. I am grateful because the fraction of second that we all fell that chaos this year, made me have a different perspective of my fails, and gave me a sort of new strength to keep going.